Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 6 July 2011

CYCLING

I finally repaired my bike, or rather my father did, and plucked up the energy to go for a ride. I hadn't really thought about where I was going when I set off so I just followed a cycle path which passes near my house.
I eventually came to Whitelees Wind Farm, a journey of almost 10 miles, most of it uphill. Maybe I shouldn’t have been as ambitious because at that stage my legs and bum were sore.
I took a few snaps and sat for a while just admiring the view back down into Ayrshire and enjoying the fine weather. It was good to see that a fair number of cyclists were also making use of the tracks. Some of them looked very serious in their Lycra. Mind you, if I got into Lycra it might make me look serious; seriously stupid that is.
As I set off for home it occurred to me that much as I bemoaned the fact that most of the outward journey was uphill, the return leg was downhill. And so it was; ferocious speeds, cornering too fast and home before I knew it. In all, a really good day out.
Still no pain from my TN, but the continuing movement under the skin on the left side of my face lets reminds me that there's still something going on there. Still no sign of my MVD.

The Road to Ayrshire

Exhausted!!!

Whitelees

No comments:

Post a Comment