Powered By Blogger

Thursday 3 June 2010

My Trigeminal Neuralgia 2

I woke up this morning to crushing pain, the worst yet in the current episode. Funny thing is that it doesn’t prevent me from sleeping. I just start to dread waking up (can you do that?). Maximum dose of medication, not a jot of difference other than I now feel as if I'm watching the world through a net curtain. I couldn’t even manage to make my way down the stairs to open the door for my father. If I sound as if I'm feeling sorry for myself, it’s because I am. Come on man, pull yourself together.....if only I could. I am sitting in front of my PC trying not to blink or move my head because both are triggers. Walking or even standing is an adventure which can leave you stranded between two chairs for some considerable time. If only I could make it to the fridge, but then I remember that eating is impossible, not that I’m wasting away to a shadow. I try to remind myself that I have so much to be positive about, but the pain quickly dispels all positive notions. You have no idea how long it took me to type this. Pain level today is 10/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment