Powered By Blogger

Friday 4 June 2010

My Trigminal Neuralgia 3

I’ve had to revise the pain scale because it went way beyond 10 yesterday. After the previous post I took to bed due to the increase in pain which was all centred around my left eye. Any movement of the eyelid or eyeball was rewarded with 40,000 volts. Try not moving your eyeball or lid when you know if you do it will be result in severe pain.
My wife called my GP late afternoon on return from her work. He attended almost immediately and prescribed steroids and anti-inflammatory drugs. While my wife attended at the pharmacy, the pain disappeared on its own, prior to me taking any of the new drugs. There was no way I was going to shout “I’m cured” on the basis of now having no pain in my head. One of most depressing side effects is the absolute terror, and I mean terror, you feel when you have no pain, is that the pain will return.
Anyway, steroids, anti-inflammatories and Tegretol taken with food last night and a good night’s sleep. I awoke at 6am, no pain, which did not last long. It was not as bad as yesterday, but bad enough to get my attention. So, another round of drugs and back to bed. I slept for a further six hours and on wakening, the pain was still there and then, as if by magic, it disappeared; to be replaced with the terror of wondering when it will return.

No comments:

Post a Comment