Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 26 October 2010

MY TRIGEMINAL NEURALGIA 12

Well, my old enemy returned today with a vengeance, despite the fact that I'd maintained my medication at 1200mg of Carbemazepine (Tegretol) a day since the last bad bout. The pain had been increasing for the past few weeks and today it hit 10+ on the pain scale again. Its settled slightly as I type this, probably to around 6/7. Meds are now up to 1600 mgs along with steroids and anti-inflammatories. I couldn’t even manage to wash myself today and what little I did eat caused excruciating pain. I don't know how my wife puts up with it. She has real problems with her parents; blindness, deafness, diabetes and a host of other ailments which means that she needs to do almost everything for them and on top of that, my father in law, who was released from hospital eleven days ago, has developed the same symptoms again which saw him admitted in the first place. She is an only child and is run ragged and really suffering. The last thing she needs is me performing the dying swan. I’ll phone the doctor tomorrow for an appointment to discuss the surgical options of which there are five, only one of which is non-invasive. Just to cheer me up, I read on a respected website today that there is no cure for TN, only various forms of relief.
Am I feeling sorry for myself? You're dam right I am. I couldn't even get a kiss and cuddle from my eldest grandaughter today.
Eight out of every 100,000 of the population suffer from TN. How lucky am I?

No comments:

Post a Comment