Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 2 February 2011

PORTENCROSS

My last two outings have been to Portencross, near West Kilbride, North Ayrshire. I've already posted two shots from my last outing which I rate as two of my best ever. Today, I decided to walk to Portencross and walk beyond the pier towards Hunterston Power Station. It’s a nice walk along the coast, probably about four miles there and back. I stopped short of the power station because I remembered it was a nuclear one and my brains are scrambled enough without letting the 'rays' get to them.
I had my new telephoto lens with me. I didn't get any decent wildlife shots because birds, unlike my granddaughter, don’t pose to order. So more observation and planning will need to go into any future trip. I still managed to get a couple of decent shots at Portencross Pier. It’s always quite happy to pose to order. I failed to avoid a soaking from the squalls that were blowing in off the sea.
My TN condition still appears to be going swimmingly well. No pain!! I still have the odd crawling sensations on the left side of my face which I put down to nerve activity that would otherwise be pain if it were not suppressed by medication.

Portencross
THERE BE DRAGONS HERE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment