Powered By Blogger

Saturday 19 March 2011

LOSSIEMOUTH AND SPAIN

The Lossiemouth golf trip came and went without incident. The two golf courses of the Moray Golf Club are truly magnificent. I don't detect a great deal of design; they were laid in landscape that was already there, no major earth moving undertakings. I can see this becoming an annual family outing. What made the courses even more interesting was the fact that they sat on the edge of Lossiemouth airbase. During the second round on the Monday, the airbase was particularly busy with Tornado training operations. The noise was incredible as the Tornados did their 'touch and go' appearing to be only feet above you head as they passed over the golf courses. One thing I did discover is that my capacity for beer and curry is not what it was. In fact, I was in my bed by 9:30pm leaving the two youngsters to do what they do (they were in bed by 10pm).
Our trip to Nerja in Spain went reasonably well despite the fact that in 30 years of travelling to Spain it was a week of the worst weather I can remember, rain, wind and cold, in fact, only one good day to speak of. We still managed to visit Malaga, Torremolinos, Ronda, El Chorro and the nearby lakes, Granada and the Alhambra (my favourite) and various other places too numerous to mention.
Our hotel, the Riu Monica, was a cut above, better than I remember it from 20 years ago. Great food, friendly efficient staff and a comfortable room, what more can one ask for.
The food was so good that I now need a regime change according to my wife. I had always thought it was my medication that made me gain weight, but she has finally convinced me that it's the amount I eat that’s the problem. So I'm on a diet as of Monday. We'll see!!
Absolutely nothing to report on the TN front, which was the original purpose of this blog.

IMG_2117

IMG_2119

Moray Golf Club, Lossiemouth

Malaga

Sky

No comments:

Post a Comment