Powered By Blogger

Friday 12 August 2011

TWO WEEKS POST OP

It's now been two weeks since my MVD and the only only meds I'm taking for the post op pain are two paracetamol when I wake in the morning and it's likely I'll be able to stop them soon. I still have slight numbness on the left side of my face which is not causing me any discomfort and if it is to be permanent I can live with it. The hospital reduced my intake of Tegretol from 1600mgs to 600mgs per day. I'll continue to take that amount meantime while I reduce the Gabapentin and Baclofen to zero. After that, if things are going well, I will slowly reduce the Tegretol to zero and after that Amitiptyline. Impatience is the enemy just now. I would love to just stop the meds completely but know that it would be stupid to do so.

The Ballast Bank, Troon

No comments:

Post a Comment