Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 24 August 2011

THREE WEEKS POST OP

My recovery is going as planned and I now have no post op pain at all. I'm continuing to methodically reduce my medication and so far so good. To date, I've stopped the Baclofen and reduced the doses of Gabapentin and Tegretol without incident. The only thing of note is that I managed to get a little to much sun on my wound scar which made it incredibly irritable although it has settled down now.
I also took the opportunity of a little R&R at my uncle's croft at Bettyhill, Sutherland right on the north coast of Scotland. It truly is magnificent terrain and the fact that it's so isolated makes it even better, even if the surf dudes have discovered the delights of Torrisdale Bay. The break was just the tonic I needed.
It was great to see my aunt and uncle whom I had not seen for far too long. My uncle, who is a Gaelic speaker, has generations of local and family history stored in his head and it's magical to sit in the evening and hear him recounting events generations old as if he had been there himself. Everything from the Highland clearances to a run in with the local constabulary over salmon poaching. He has even featured on Gaelic language TV and radio.
Talmine, Sutherland
Torrisdale Bay, Sutherland

No comments:

Post a Comment