Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 21 September 2011

MVD - Six Weeks Post Op.

Visited my doc yesterday. It was as a routine follow up after my MVD. I mentioned to him that I had trouble sleeping due to 'restless legs'. He said that it was a probably down to withdrawal from Tegretol as neural pathways would be getting back to normal and the brain would have difficulty interpreting some of the signals it was recieving after being befuddled with Tegretol for so long. He told me to take 200mgs Tegretol before going to bed and this seems to have done the trick. While it may seem like a backward step, when I consider that I have now been taking Tegretol constantly for around nine years, the last nine months at the maximum dose, it seems logical. So I am now back to 600 mgs a day as well as 300 of Gabapentin. I'll take my final dose of Gabapentin this comng Friday. I am not at all disheartened by having to increase the dose of Tegretol beause my body seems to deal with it pretty well, it was at the higher doses I was having difficulty. Truth be told, I probably got a bit ahead of schedule in reducing my medication (overly keen to be drug free). However, the real up side is still no pain.
Dusk at Turnberry

No comments:

Post a Comment