Powered By Blogger

Friday 10 December 2010

MY TRIGEMINAL NEURAGIA 28

Things have been going pretty well; still no pain. Only thing worth mentioning is the mess I made of my medication. Since being diagnosed with TN, the carbemazepine tablets I had been prescribed were 200mgs, so my normal daily dose has been 4 x 200mgs twice a day. On being discharged from hospital I failed to notice that they had prescribed me 400mg tablets. So for three days I took 4 x 400mgs twice a day i.e. 3200mgs per day. The side effects were pretty bad. My vision was badly effected, it was blurred and could not keep up with what I was looking at and I was seeing double. My motor functions were also badly effected e.g. I couldn't walk in a straight line or hold anything without dropping it. Fortunately, my wife worked out what the problem was and I'm now back on the proper dose and should be getting back to normal soon (I hope). I have now developed a spasm which causes me to hit keyboard keys twice or even three times, drop stuff and my limbs appear to jump a lot while I'm trying to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment