Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 1 December 2010

MY TRIGEMINAL NEURALGIA 26

Some of the blood tests at the hospital showed that my white blood cell count was not what it should have been. I was informed this was a known side effect of Gabapentin, so I was told to get my bloods tested about a week after being discharged. I visited the practise health care assistant yesterday and the required amount of blood was duly extracted. The result should be available in a couple of days. Interestingly, she told me that her husband had suffered from TN for a number of years, but that it had just stopped on its own and, so  far, fingers crossed, it had never afflicted him again.

I visited my GP today to discuss my medication. Given the fact that I was due to attend the pain clinic tomorrow, he was of the view that it would be better to discuss the meds with Dr Martin and take it from there.

Still no pain. Its funny, metephorically speaking, how I expect the pain to return, the thought never leaves me just now. The memory of the last two weeks is still very raw.

No comments:

Post a Comment