Powered By Blogger

Thursday 20 January 2011

DOGS

I managed out for a few hours on Tuesday with nothing but my camera for company. First stop was Greenan Beach on the south side of Ayr for a few shots of the ruined castle. Greenan Beach is a dog walker’s paradise. How do I know this? Because of the amount of dog cr*p which spoils an otherwise beautiful place. I'm not against dogs, but I do object to their cr*p all over my boots. And another thing while I'm on the subject, why do dog owners think it's OK for their dogs to run at you leaving you in doubt as to whether they’re going to stop before they collide with you. They also think it's OK for their dogs, which are covered in all sorts, to jump up on your perfectly clean clothing and then presume a simple sorry will make things OK. I have a suggestion for all dog owners; clean up after you and keep them under control (the dogs that is). Rant over. I know there are a lot of responsible dog owners out there just in case anyone is thinking of sending me hate mail.
Anyway, I got some nice shots of Greenan Castle after which I headed to the Ballast Bank at Troon for the best sunset ever (in my mind it's always going to be the best sunset ever). When I arrived it looked really promising, low cloud and a nice gap between the cloud and the horizon. While I was waiting I could see some squalls blowing in rapidly from north of Arran, really dark looking beasts. A heavy one hit the shore, fortunately I was still in my car. I noticed another photographer down on the rocks crouched low against the rain trying to shelter his kit. The rain passed as quickly as it arrived, leaving low cloud and a shimmering yellow horizon. I managed a few shots before the sun disappeared fully into the sea.
When I returned to my car, I met the other photographer. Turns out he was an online contact of mine through the Flickr website.  It was the first time we'd met face to face. Another heavy shower of rain arrived just then, so it was only the briefest of formalities before we retreated to the shelter of our respective vehicles.
The following day, baby sitting duties. Both granddaughters, Faye age three (going on 23) and Beth age four months. Faye never gives her tongue a rest. Everything I say is met with a question seeking clarification. She's very much like her Grandmother in that respect. The little one seems to think the world is great place and does a lot of smiling and sleeping, except when she's hungry. I heard her chuckling for the first time yesterday. It's great having them, but it's also great handing them back.
I know I may come to regret this, but my TN seems to have deserted me completely at the moment. I don't have any symptoms at all, even the crawling sensation under my skin is gone. I'll stick with the medication meantime, just in case.
Greenan Castle

Ballast Bank, Troon

No comments:

Post a Comment