Powered By Blogger

Saturday 22 January 2011

SIDE EFFECTS


Since I got out of my bed yesterday morning, I’ve been feeling really weird. I have difficulty in stopping my hands, and other parts of my body for that matter, jumping involuntarily. It’s particularly noticeable if I’m typing or relaxing reading a book. When I’m typing, I’ll invariably hit keys two or three times. My hands will spasm when I’m reading and I’ll drop the book. Another example is if I put and arm straight out to lean on something, I will have a spasm at my elbow and fall forward. I also have a tingling sensation at the tips of my fingers and in other parts of my body which I would say is linked to the spasm. I’m fortunate in that I still have no TN pain although the crawling sensation under the skin on my face is back.
So what do I think? I think it’s all related to my medication. I was always very quick to say I had no side effects. I may have been too keen to say I had no side effects when in fact I did, a classic case of denial. When I think about it, I always had a good memory for names, places etc. Now, I need to write things like that down or I forget them in 10 minutes. I maybe need to discuss this on a serious level with my doc although I don’t think I would be willing to reduce my medication yet.
Loch Long

No comments:

Post a Comment